Hillton Queenstown / DoubleTree – Kawarau Village Q&A
Qbook offers free information and complimentary activity booking services. Located in the Hilton Queenstown / Kawarau Village, we are the expert of the area. Here are some frequently asked questions from our lovely Hilton guests.
Are there any carparks? How much is the parking fee?
Over 200 underground parking spaces available. Self-parking: Free parking for the first 3 hours, $16.00 per day. Valet parking: $40.00 per day.
What kind of facilities are accessible in the Kawarau Village?
- ATM machine on site.
- Ebike shop – ChargeAbout Queenstown, in front of Hilton Jetty, open 9:00 – 17:00
- Spa – eforea, Hilton Level 4, open 9:00 – 20:00
- Swimming pool and gym, Hilton Level 2, free access for Hilton Honour Members
- No laundry services are provided in the Hilton. Closest laundry shop: Liquid Self Service Laundromats, open 24 hours, 5 Mile Shopping Centre, Five Mile Place, Frankton, Queenstown
Any coffee shop or restaurant close by?
- Café – Lake Counter, Wakatipu Steps, open 8:00 – 18:30. Also sells groceries and deli.
- Lakefront restaurant – Wakatipu Grill, Hilton Level 1, breakfast open 6:00 – 10:30, dinner open 16:00 – 22:00
- Pizza, drinks and more – Stacks Pub, corner of Wakatipu Steps, open 12:00 – 22:00.
- Chinese restaurant – Me & Mee, corner of DoubleTree Hotel, open 18:00 – 22:00.
- Cellar Door – Ⅲ Miners, Hilton Level 4, open 11:00 – 19:00
Are there any shuttle services from the airport to the Hilton Hotel?
There is no free shuttle service.
You can easily get on a taxi from the Airport to either the Hilton or town centre. If you need to catch a plane on the day you check out, the Hilton reservation team can help you book a taxi, fixed rate.
How can I go to Queenstown downtown if I do not have a car?
The easiest way to go to Queenstown centre from the Hilton is by water taxi (Queenstown ferry). The water taxi runs from 8:15am to late night, $5 per person one-way for Hilton guests (cash or card). Water Taxi Timetable can be found here.
And the Hilton jetty is only 3 minutes’ walk from the main Hilton building.
I want to book some tours and activities. Do any companies provide pick up / drop off at the Hilton?
Yes, some companies offer complimentary pick up services from the Hilton.
For example, helicopter/fixed wing plane scenic tours, Milford Sound day tours, Kjet (jetboating), most of the guided wine tours, scenic tours to Arrowtown and Wanaka etc.
For some other activities, it is required to check in at designated shops/locations in Queenstown centre.
Please check with our friendly staff about tour details.
I want to book some tours and activities. What are the payment options?
We accept most of the major credit cards.
For Hilton guests, you can choose room charge and pay when you checkout. Best Way to gain Hilton Honor Points!
Note: 3% surcharge for paying with American Express or Diners Club cards.
I will be staying at the Hilton during winter season. Please tell me something about ski fields and mountain transport.
There are 4 snow resorts in Queenstown – Wanaka area.
Remarkables Ski Area – 30 mins drive. Shuttle bus available from the Hilton daily.
Coronet Peak Ski Area – 45 mins drive. Shuttle bus available from the Hilton daily.
Cardrona Alpine Resort – 1 hour drive. Shuttle bus available from Frankton Bus Shelter.
Treble Cone – 1.5 hour drive. Shuttle bus available from the Hilton three times a week.
Regarding ski/snowboard rentals, please contact our lovely staff for the most up to date information!